Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe Apple Podcasts | Spotify | Android | Deezer | | Subscribe
What do Tony Robbins, Candles, and fireworks have in common? Find out on today’s episode of the happiness playbook where we scuba dive in the beautiful reef of look outward with some truly great quotes and stories.
This Week’s PRO TIP is: The next time you are speaking to someone, I want you to say something nice about that person in your head. Watch how this changes your emotion, your presence, and your relationship toward that person.
Come join the conversation and play with us!
Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/playtheory/
Facebook Group https://www.facebook.com/groups/1652343491608927/
Remember that Life is a team sport, so let's play together!
LINKS From Show
For today’s episode we are going to keep it jam packed with nuggets and keep the momentum going. We have 4 beautiful quotes that we’ll share and discuss that all have to do with the crown jewel of Play Theory which is Look Outward.
- “Only those who have learned the power of sincere and selfless contribution experience life’s deepest joy: true fulfillment.” - Tony Robbins
- This quote points out a very important truth, fulfillment lies in looking outward and contributing to others’ lives.
- There’s lots of words to describe other endeavors that are not focused on selfless contribution.
- Exhilarating, adrenaline-filled, fun, adventurous, pleasurable, and even
- “A candle loses nothing by lighting another candle.” - James Keller
- The crucial principle we find in this quote is that kindness and selflessness, or looking outward as we call it, is not a zero sum game
- As we are able to shift from a scarcity mindset to an abundant mindset, we will begin to free ourselves up to more fully serve those around us.
- The analogy of spreading light is particularly powerful as well. In spreading light and positivity, and light to others, we do not lose anything and in fact our collective light shines brighter with each new candle we light
- STORY: “Firework party”
- 12. There is nothing more beautiful than someone who goes out of their way to make life beautiful for others. - Mandy Hale
- There are so many beautiful experiences of this quote in action.
- Two episodes ago I mentioned how we were renovating our duplex and SO many people showed up to help us out. Beautiful is one of MANY words I would use to describe that experience.
- It’s in going out of our way to make life beautiful for others that we experience the true joy and beauty of life.
- I had ANOTHER experience JUST last night.
- “We are formed and molded by our thoughts. Those whose minds are shaped by selfless thoughts give joy when they speak or act.” - Buddha
- This quote is really getting to the core of how someone truly becomes outwardly focused, and that is by working on the thoughts you have toward others and starting in your mind and heart with the outward focus.
- We have to be careful because it’s easy to get into a “beat yourself up” mindset when we are not perfect at doing this, and it’s impossible to think that we can control our thoughts perfectly 24/7, but the key take away is that by working on our mind and the thoughts we allow to take root in our hearts, we can really become an more outwardly focused and more selfless person.